Instanced Static Mesh Editing Made Easy! Instance Tool is an editor mode plugin for Unreal Engine, it allows you to quickly select/edit/convert Instanced Static Meshes in editor viewports.
Instance Tool is an editor mode plugin for Unreal Engine, it allows you to quickly select/edit/convert Instanced Static Meshes in editor viewports.
It also provides extra level editing functionalities like aligning and snapping to make editing instances easier.
(Please note that 4.22+ engine now implements auto-instancing feature which makes the manual converrsion might not necessary depends on the level setup.)
- One-click conversion between Static Mesh and Instanced Static Mesh
- Select/move/rotate/scale instances directly in editor viewports
- Flexible select options (Marquee select, Select by axis, Lock/Unlock selection)
- Create instances quickly with Alt + Drag or standard duplicate hotkey
- Align instances by location/rotation or to grid
- Snap instances by axis
- Distribute/Line-Up instances
- Apply delta transform to instances panel with duplicate option
- Multi-edit support
- Hotkeys for Hide/Unhide transform widget and focus to selected instances
- Experimental Blueprint Instances Editing support
- Full undo support for all instances editing operations
- Full c++ source code included, works with both Luancher and Github builds
- Editor mode plugin, works with both c++ and blueprint only projects
- InstanceTool (Editor)
Supported Development Platforms: Windows (Prebuilt Binary for Mac but not tested)